Thursday 21 April 2011


This is my finished front cover. I went with the masthead XTC because it has connotations with excitement and therefore went with the slogan 'addicted to music' . I also used a banner at the top of the page as it is most likely to be the first thing that a reader is likely to read. I kept to a basic three colour, colour scheme of green, red and white which mirrors on similar magazines such as Q and Kerrang. I used a unique idea for my main headline, using a different font for the name of the artist, i planned to try and make it look like a signature of the artist to add originality which i think succeeded. I also used a second banner at the bottom to help promote an award ceremony for the magazine. I wasn't happy with my original subsidory image and therefore decided to change it to a more unique studio shot. To make the Front cover look more realistic i have also added a bar code, date and price for the product. I also used the idea of pull quotes to entice the reader to buy the magazine and help make the magazine more appealing. The main image was my first idea and i felt no need to change it as i am extremely pleased with the result of the idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment